Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Spring Training Week 5!

Gave myself a calf cramp trying to flex for Flex Friday at Bodybliss and Health :)  I like taking pics of late rather then getting on the scale.  I see a fit happy girl when I see pictures, the scale might say don't drink so much wine :) Who needs that? 
5 weeks in!  I had a good week last week, and managed to get almost all of my workouts in even though it was March Break.  All I missed was one strength workout, I did 2 short ones instead of 3. I am happy to say I found balance and took TWO rest days!  One of those was so that I could take the kids Tubing and still had an active day walking up the tube hill dragging 3 tubes behind me!  I'm really lucky that Ryan works from home 3 days a week and I could leave the kids at home rather then drag them to the gym with me.  They are so good, he doesn't even hear them while I'm gone. So far they haven't made to much of a mess well I'm gone.  

I'm really proud of one of my workouts last week, and that's a 2hr indoor spin bike ride Friday! Longest time on a spin bike to date!  Oh man that was boring as hell! I can't wait to bike outside (Ps. it's the last day of winter and it's supposed to snow again.) I was surprised how much this ride BAGGED me later in the day.  I was at the museum with the kids tired, hungry, and grumpy.  I'm struggling right now with figuring out to fuel my workouts so that I don't feel tanked.  Given that I tend to eat about 2300 plus cals a day, I'm not sure where I'm going wrong.  I think I get "enough", maybe it's more about timing, and ratio of carbs etc.  I'm figuring it out as I go.


The next morning I got up early to run 11 miles (17.7km) so that I could make it out skiing with the family that day.  I was so tired!  I made a SANTA SIZE list of excuses, in bed that morning, as to why I should skip it.  But I didn't and I went.  It was slower then I had planned, and I was pooped. But I did it and as you can tell by my grin it was so WORTH IT!  


I fuelled well after my run and felt pretty good on the hills.  All though I admit my super star hubs dragged both kids by the poles, as I was too pooped to pull even the small one.  


A well deserved wine break...I mean ski break mid afternoon :) 


We celebrated our last day of March Break at Crazy Horse that night!  Wine, Steak and Shrimp...my oh my! It was so fun and we returned home for our Squires Pillow Fight Tradition while putting the kids to bed.  


Sunday I totally embraced my rest day and spent the day at Le Nordic with my friend Laura.  I had an amazing massage, soaked in the hot tubs, enjoyed a delicious lunch and wine.  It was the perfect day and the prefect ending to a great week.  

Feeling ZEN listening to music and reading my book at the spa :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment