Thursday, March 20, 2014

It's not always easy....sometime it really sucks



I woke up tired today, my motivation tank empty.  I had a tempo run on the schedule and zero desire to do it.  This morning I found myself sitting on the floor in front of my gym clothes debating back and forth about skipping it.  I wanted to cry.  I put my clothes on, ate my breaky, took the kids to school, almost drove ALL THE WAY AROUND the round a bout and home....but some how managed to take the turn to the gym.  It sucked.  I hated it.  1 mile easy, 2 tempo, 1 mile easy, 2 tempo, 1 easy.  Funny enough the "easy" miles were the worse as they took longer and I just wanted to be done.  But I was so tired that going faster would mean not meeting the tempo ones.  I finished though, and that is something.

I didn't quit! 

Every time I don't quit, I get stronger, my mind get's stronger, and that race coming up end of August that makes my tummy flutter...I'm going to do that! 



No comments:

Post a Comment