Monday, October 14, 2013

6 days out

Me on the left 4 years ago proud to run 8km while at the cottage,  my lifestyle changing.  Me on the right 6 days out from my 4th Full Marathon, lifestyle ingrained.

6 days out from the Toronto Marathon and as usual I am feeling emotional and reflective.  I'm thinking back on the roughly 5653 km's I've run to get here today.

There have been many high's and some low's, and many many lessons learned along the way.

But the biggest thing I want to do now is celebrate.  I want to run happy on Oct 20th and no matter what happens cross that finish line proud of all that I have accomplished.  Not only did I make a life long dream of running a marathon come true, I did or will have done it FOUR TIMES!

I've finally found a happy place and a balance in my life.  I don't feel weighed down, I feel free and able to dream big.  I've worked so hard not to travel km's but truly to let go of my past.  To let go of my disordered eating and anxiety.  To find  myself again, a confident and happy person.  It's been a very long road, but one I am ever so proud of.

I hope I will role model a person of health and happiness to my girls and they will now that anything is possible for them.

Run Happy, Run Free

No comments:

Post a Comment