Thursday, August 8, 2013

Power to the Pouch!

I was out shopping yesterday and spied a really cute red dress for $14! I tried it on really quick while heading out to gymnastics.  I left my yoga pants on when I tried it on, there was lots of room so I figured the dress fit.  Not a smart idea, those yoga pants were holding something in.  When I got home and went to try it on, I almost cried when I saw how the silky material clung to my hanging 'pouch'.

I've gained a little bit of weight since Christmas, having relaxed and found a healthy balance that is working for me.  But that little bit of weight has gone to my pouch.  It's even 'yuckier' because I have lost a lot of weight and I have a lot of loose skin.  So now it like a bag that I've added some groceires too, and it hangs heavy :(  Not sexy I tell you.  Last night I had a moment of panic, a moment where I thought it's time to "get serious," "to cut back," to do something DRASTIC!  Then I took a few deep breaths and thought FARK IT!  I'm happy.  I'm happier then I have been in a long time.  I'm not thinking about food all day and counting it and measuring it.  I feel free.

So today I was on a mission, to find me some SMOOTHER, SUCKER UPPER UNDERS!  The kids and I spent a sweaty and admittedly hilarious 20 min in the change room at the Bay with a mountain of flesh coloured contraptions.  They thought it was hilarious watching me wriggle and squirm into these things.  Don't get me started on explaining the whole PEE HOLE thing to them.  I am surprised by how comfy many of the garments were, and I found a reasonable priced slip that goes just under my bra line.
It really is amazing what a difference it made.
You can see my lovely pouch hanging like a Hobo bag in the left picture, only it isn't Coach.  I ended up adding a belt to give the dress some shape.  Laura would be proud of that :) 

So there you have it, my drastic measure was a pair of underwear.  Now my pouch and I need to rest up for tonight's killer track workout!


2 comments:

  1. Love it, love it, love it!!! And you know I love the belt! Beauty :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dress is perfect for your cheery self! Looks really great with the belt and I think you should go for some strappy black heels too! :)

    ReplyDelete