Tuesday, January 1, 2013

One Little Word: Simplify

Not sure if you knew this but I have another hobby apart from my love of all things fitness, and that's scrapbooking.  Each year the wonderful Ali Edwards leads a class around the concept of "ONE LITTLE WORD." The idea is that you choose one little word to represent your year.  It's a guide, a goal, a thought to think of throughout the year.  In the past I would make a pretty scrapbook page to represent my WORD.  Unfortunately, I have been scrapbooking less but I want to keep up this tradition of choosing one little word.  

You can check out Ali's post this year here, and she has an extensive list of words that you can look through to help spark your choice.  I thought it would be fun to share my One Little Word with you and how I hope it will come to play in the year 2013.  


  • I want to simplify my home, and de-clutter and purge it room by room
  • I want to simplify my days and quiet my home and time there with my family
  • I want to simplify my food, focus on whole real food
  • I want to simplify my fitness goals and focus on what I love, running
  • I want to simplify our routine and get into a groove
  • I want to enjoy the simple things in my life that make it so blessed 
How about you? Do you have One Little Word?




3 comments:

  1. I didn't, but I do now. I like simplify, but I need to be different, so I'm going to pick:

    choose

    (See what I did there? :P)

    This is a great idea Katie, thanks for sharing. And it's not the first time today you've inspired me. I've also decided to permit myself some New Years Resolutions. A post is tumbling around in my head, hopefully I can hack it out some time soon.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to be recommended this blog by my cousin.
    I'm not certain whether or not this post is written by means of him as nobody else know such special approximately my trouble. You are incredible! Thanks!

    Here is my webpage: diets that work fast for women

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah, for a series I'd definitely have to have it written down somewhere - I'd be sure to forget by the time I got to the next book! Carrie and I can be weird together because I too think through the details even though most of it doesn't make it into the book.
    Thanks for the post, Kyra, and best of luck with Strength Carrie -- I've been hearing great things about it.
    buy-college-essay
    online-writing-services
    Accounts Software For Small Business

    ReplyDelete