Thursday, April 5, 2012

gearing up for 32km

I am obviously not a food photographer LOL (see my not so clean eating dollop of ranch dressing on my plate LOL) 

Gearing up for 32 km in the morning!!!  The longest distance I will have ever run!  Its also the final training distance before the marathon in May.  Next week is a recovery week and then I build back up to 32km and taper 2 weeks before the race.  That's THE PLAN!  (The kataroo'fied plan).

So last week I ran 29km in 3 hrs and 3min.  I actually yelled out over the music in my ear when I reached the 3 hour mark "I've been running for 3 friggin hours!!".  How crazy is that?  I ate 2.5 Larabars and surprisingly only drank half my fuel belt.  It was pretty cold out, yes I had rain, sleet and SNOW on my run!  I had to laugh when the snow started to fall, quite the April Fools joke Mother Nature. I had a really good run!  I still hurt after about 24km but not near as bad as the week before and I recovered really well after and was able to function like a normal person.  I am trying to think about what I did leading up to that run so I can recreate it and I know that I hydrated really well the day before and ate well too.  So today I have been fueling and hydrating like a champ!

Here's a look at what I have had today:

**throughout the day I drank lots of water and ended at 4.5L or so

Breakfast: Homemade oatmeal bar with walnuts and choc chips, coffee with 1% milk

Hit the gym for an hour workout (30 min HIIT on the Stair Climber and then a 30 min upper body and core circuit) I left my legs alone.

Snack: small handful of almonds

Lunch:  rolled oats, with almond milk, cashew butter, EZEKIEL cereal and fresh strawberries

Snack: hard boiled egg and non fat decaf latte

Snack: greek yogurt and EZEKIEL cereal and a dark choc bar

Snack: small handful of almonds, coffee with milk

Dinner:  homemade pizza: crust (whole wheat and coconut flour), light provolone cheese, olive oil, caramelized onion, tomatoes, thyme, and ham.  Also had a cucumber, tomato, onion, boccini salad with grape seed oil, and balsamic vinegar

**3 small glasses of wine...oops..oh well I had a lot of water

Dessert:  Homemade whole wheat strawberry cake topped with vanilla greek yogurt and strawberries, tea

and chances are I will have some more oatmeal with some yummies on it before bed.

I had a lot more complex carbs today then I usually would have and really made a point of drinking my water.

I have an early am appointment training and will eat a good breakfast before going and a small snack when I get back then let it digest and hit the road.  I have my tunes ready! Ipod charged. Garmin charged.  I'm ready!

Wish me luck!

PS. totally just raided the kids Easter stash and am taking some mini eggs with me on the run! OH YEAH!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I can't even imagine that distance! Makes my 5K this morning seem very short, but I'm just looking forward to my turn at those distances!!
    You will rock it and I can't wait to read about it.
    Annet
    thechallengesofchange.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete