Wednesday, February 22, 2012

JUMP!

I did it!  Today I closed my eyes hit SEND and JUMPED!  After months of dragging my feet and making up excuses (like the fact that Ryan is away again for 2 weeks) I put myself out there to offer my services as a personal trainer!  

I told myself that this is the year for making my dreams come true, running a half marathon and starting a new career in something that I am passionate about.  I have always known that helping women feel good about themselves was something I wanted to do.  When I was younger I thought I would do it by working in the Eating Disorders field (having found working in support groups and doing public education for the Anorexia and Bulimia Association very rewarding), but life took some different turns and I never did do my Masters.  Instead, I entered the workforce and the business world and later became a mom.  Being a stay at home mom, the last 5 years, has been by far the best job I have ever had, as well as challenging. But the time has come to start to define myself as something other then just mom.

I am hoping that I can start small, and reach out to other women and help them make change.  I feel like I have discovered something magical, at least the way it makes me feel is magical, and I want so very much to share that knowledge and feeling with others.

I have watched how exercise and nutrition has changed some of my close friends in the last year.  The transformations that they have undergone, the way their families' lifestyles have changed and its remarkable.  I want to help other women and families experience these changes too and to feel what living life feeling your best is like.

So here I go! JUMING....with both feet, and one eye open....please join me and have a look at Fit Mom in Barrhaven.    Thank-you to all my amazing friends that have supported me, and prodded me, and even PUSHED me.

One last thing, for your viewing pleasure...my first Fit Mom in Barrhaven Video.

7 comments:

  1. You are amazing...congratulations to all of your personal successes and all of your professional ones that are sure to follow. You have inspired many women just by being yourself and sharing what you've learned along the way. No gimmicks, just brutal honesty. You are a remarkable person that God has put in so many people's paths for a reason...
    Thank you for every inspiring word, and for sharing a huge part of yourself, with all of us...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Frack you make that look to easy. Going to try it tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm def going to try that! Looking forward to learning more from you. Maybe one day I'll enquire about virtual PT?

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow Katie! Look how strong you are! That is awesome. I am just re-committing to my fitness. I am finding so many excuses not to. I just need to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Katie - wishing all success and happiness in the world in your new venture!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this!!! Wishing you all the very best for your new adventure! You are so going to rock this!!!!
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good on you Katie - go and enjoy every moment!

    ReplyDelete