Saturday, January 7, 2012

JUST DO IT!

source
I did something totally wild and crazy last night, I auditioned to be a Body Pump Instructor with Goodlife Fitness!  I had incredible butterflies yesterday, I tried to talk myself out of it a bazillion times, even tried to convince myself that my knee hurt and that the weather was to bad! LOL  50 people tried out and they take 12-14, and that was a small try out they often have 90!  The chances are slim, but I had nothing to loose and everything to gain!

Here's the thing!  I am stuck.  I am afraid.  I worked so hard to achieve my Personal Training Certification and yet I haven't done anything with it yet.  I can't even explain what has me frozen.  But I do know that I have an overwhelming need to help others and to pass on this amazing feeling I have discovered living a fit and healthy life.  I want more than anything to help other women realize their inner awesomeness!  So last night, was about stepping outside my comfort zone and putting myself out there.  Getting myself literally PUMPED UP!

I think instructing classes and in particular Body Pump would be a perfect venue for me.  I would be able to motivate and instruct others, and with an emphasis on strength!  I know the instructors I have come across in my journey to getting fit have made an impression on me!  In particular, one said after class one day: "Don't ever take this feeling for granted." At first I thought, yes can't take for granted that I don't have a disability that keeps me from doing this, thinking of a physical disability.  Then I thought, no...its also mental..I am thankful that I don't have a "psychological disability" for lack of better term holding me back from being here sweating and moving.  That "disability" that kept me on the couch for 10 years!

So regardless of outcome, I succeeded yesterday!  I put myself out there, I got out of my comfort zone, and I did my very best! It was hard! Much harder then I thought it would be! The fitness test alone made me tinkle (doing jumping jacks) and almost puke (a circuit from hell LOL).  Most of all I have recharged myself and I am going to make helping others happen.

So my friends, let me ask you this, what can you do to get out of your comfort zone? Maybe it's getting out and taking a class yourself?  Whatever it is, go get uncomfortable!! WOOT WOOT!

5 comments:

  1. Amazing! Way to put yourself out there- takes a lot of guts.

    On a side note, I love looking at the photos and transformation on the right hand side of the page. Unbelievable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you, Katie! I am sooooo happy for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome job Katie!! ps.....how do you and Barb know each other?!!!! Small world :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL How do you know BARB :) Barb your famous :) what a small world....Barb and I are scrapbook buddies from back in the day :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go Katie - have you done your Bodypump cert - Les mIlls not as common in North America as it is here in Australia!

    ReplyDelete