- Last week I went to a Sugar Sense workshop, held by Eat Whole Be Vital and had a few aha moments. One of those moments was learning that Fructose goes straight to your liver and therefore is considered a 'poison'. Guess what my beloved AGAVE NECTER, yep is high in fructose....navigating this sugar stuff is a complicated land mind. So does that mean I give up Agave Nectar? No....I just need to use a variety of sugars like honey, molasses, brown rice syrup, maple syrup...
- I wrote a blog post on strength training for the beginner on the Losing it in Ottawa Blog
- I finally baked the "healthy" cookies that my friend Maranda has been raving about, and she was right they are AWESOME!!
|I used honey instead of the white sugar|
- On the fitness front, I ran a personal best for the 5km on the treadmill (1% incline, flat terrain) 27 min 22 sec! Previous best was 27:48....you really have to PUSH it to shave time off a 5km...I almost hit the puke point LOL. Luckily I had my friend Laura next to me, keeping me engaged and my mind of the "UGHH"
- I had another strength workout with my friend Liz, who is training for a figure competition, I love working out with her, she's super fun and I am learning so much from her!
- I discovered this new to me site called BODY ROCK TV and its full of great intense short workouts, unfortunately my good friend Jenn now wants us to do the 1000 rep workout...I'm scared :) LOL
- Had a really cool moment at the gym the other day when a woman said "I know you don't need this, but could you help me find the "light" weights"....loved that!
- In addition to making the healthy cookies have also done some Christmas baking for a cookie exchange party this Friday. I made these cookies, not so healthy...I also now need to make more for the exchange!
- Christmas baking and holiday parties are not helping me inch toward that last 1.5 pounds...but I am ok with that..it is the holidays after all :) My friend asked me the other day what my holiday plan was for dealing with temptation. I told her that my plan was to find balance. To eat a healthy breakfast and lunch, and to workout and then enjoy an indulgent dinner and dessert and lots of wine :) This past weekend was the first test, a weekend away and a party to go to. Let's see I didn't workout even though I brought my stuff with me, and Sunday I had an IV line of sugar hooked up! And you know what..IT WAS AWESOME!