Friday, November 4, 2011

Move More, Eat Well 2012: Big Picture Scrapbooking

 Cathy Zielske


I am so excited to share with you a new class coming to Big Picture Scrapbooking in January 2012, Move More, Eat Well 2012 with my favorite Crazy Cat Cathy Zielske!  Cathy has been sharing her journey to a healthy self on her blog for about 2 years now.  Watching her transform into a runner, knocking out mile after mile, seeing her post a pic of herself in her first running skirt....they made this former runner, who now weighed 258 pounds and got out of breath walking up the stairs dream that she too could do this!  It was watching Cathy day after day posting her runs that got me out there!  

But it wasn't just watching her turn into an awesome runner, it was that she was so damn REAL!  I loved that she shared her  crazy icee and gold fish cravings, that she took monthly progress pics of her self with the 'John' in the background, and that she 'struggled' just like we all do.  I have to say one of the things I am most proud of when I look back at all the posts Cathy has shared with us, is that you can see the evolution of her 'finding HER way' to a healthy self.  The title of her program used to be Move More, Eat LESS.  Notice how its changed to eat WELL?  Do you have any idea how happy that makes me?  I love that she has shared her progress with a great program like weight watchers (which I think in terms of 'programs' is one of the healthiest out there), to finding that it was no longer working for her and changing to more of a focus on eating whole foods.  She's never toted a party line, THIS IS HOW ITS DONE, she's simply shared her steps, MISSTEPS too, and with those steps she has made me laugh with her unique humour.

Not only has she shared her journey but she has invited so many other people to share their's in the form of a little community through the comments on her blog and on Facebook.  Now she's taking that a step further with Big Picture Scrapbooking and her class Move More, Eat Well 2012.  This class will create an intimate forum for classmates to share their journey's to a healthier self, while creating and documenting the journey in an album.  Cathy will have monthly lessons, projects, and a video.  There will be some online chats with Cathy too.  For more information on the class, check out this link.  

One other reason, I am totally stoked for this class is that I get the chance to share my own story with you in it later in the year!  How cool is that?  Do you have any idea how loudly I screamed in my kitchen when I got Cathy's message asking me to join in and share?  I swear I was hooting and hollering and crying.  The thought that someone I look up to so very much thought I was worthy of sharing my story filled me up with happiness and goosebumps!  

So please check out the link, the class is going to be filled with inspiring women (maybe a few men too) led by one funny, real, and inspiring Cathy Z!  PS.  you don't need to be a 'scrapbooker' to take part and ENJOY this class.  The project doesn't require a bunch of fancy frufru scrapbook stuff.  I would love to see my non-scrapbook friends par take in this class (hint hint lol) as I think you will love how documenting this journey and journalling will help you along the way. 

and I leave you with a EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. WOW Katie, that is the nicest and inspiring thing I've read today, in fact in a long time (with people I know) like really, who doesn't know Cathy Z??? Congrats my friend, I know that your journey will one day bring you places you never thought possible :) and on that note: I THINK YOUR FANTASTIC :)

    Karen xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Signing up today! Wouldn't miss this for the world!

    Be sure to kick me arse and keep me honest .. I am gonna need it! LOL

    MMMWWWAAA and she chose well!

    R
    XOOX

    ReplyDelete