Thursday, October 6, 2011

My first Lulu :)


Yahoo a first for me, my first Lululemon top!  I know a silly thing, a material thing, BUT for the longest time I would stare at the girls in the gym with their pretty Lulu shirts knowing one would never fit me!  Plus there is the cost of one, ouch.  But I recently discovered you can get a good deal on ebay, I got this for $30.

So today I was feeling pretty good when I went to workout, thinking of how far I have come.  I was so happy in fact that I couldn't resist showing you the guns!  LOL   I've been working hard at building some muscle, and I am really loving how strong I feel.  (I think I may need to change my Halloween Costume to Super Girl)  Notice I showed you the right side though, my left side is much weaker as result of both an elbow and shoulder injury this year and flexing on that side isn't quite as 'impressive'.  But that side is getting stronger too, and yoga has helped a lot with that.

To top off a great start to the day I got on the body fat scale today and have gotten to 35.8% body fat!  Remember that post about 6 months ago, when I came home crying because it was 44%.  I've been able to loose weight this past 6 months quite well, but loosing the body fat has been hard.  I was stuck at 39% for sometime.  Increasing the weight I am lifting, and tweaking my diet has helped a lot.  My goal is to get to the point where I am not medically considered overweight anymore.  That's my goal, if things continue to go well.  What I mean by that is I am happy with my current way of life, there is enough balance that I don't feel grumpy or deprived, I am healthy and fit AND HAPPY.  If the tables turn and I start to feel anything less then happy, then I think I will have to realize that this may be my 'happy' weight and I am ok with that.  Look for more on that in and upcoming Losing it in Ottawa post.

8 comments:

  1. You are amazing, Katie. Dang girl, you may be the best inspiration to get me to finally start lifting some weights! I want guns! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cathy...if I did something to inspire you...I would be oh so very happy...because you have done nothing but INSPIRE ME!!! Every step of the way :) thank-you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. holy crap those are some sexy arms...i see nothing but sleeveless shirts in your future! and aren't the arms a lot harder to tone???

    and YEAH to Lulu...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the guns .. but if I am keeping it real i have to say I am more impressed with the space between your legs ... and so not meant in a perverted way! I have to stand like ten feet apart to have a space between my legs now! LOL You have lost a lot on your inner thigh and you look so beautifully curvy .. and not in a big girl way .. you look DEFINED!

    WTG! XOOX

    ReplyDelete
  5. holy crap you've got much bigger guns then I have, way to go Katie, you rock the guns and the Lulu top :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks amazing on you!!!! Loving your guns!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great top - you are looking and sounding so great and confident! I have to admit, I just bought a pair of Lulu socks, since at the moment that is all I can fit into, lol! The clothes fit and feel wonderful and will last you for years still looking brand new!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi I'm jalous of your Lulu lemon tank top ;-)
    Wera it with pride.

    ReplyDelete