Monday, October 10, 2011

Menu Plan for the week

source
Just a quickie post, my tummy is full of warm soothing PHO soup, and I am putting together our menu for the week.  I am trying my best to make more home cooked meals, using whole foods, and less processed stuff.  My friends on Facebook know I am pretty hit or miss in the kitchen but I figure the more practice I get the better I will do, right?  I try to get the kids to help me as much as I can.  I find if they help make it they are much more likely to eat it.

Tuesday:
Whole wheat biscuits and Sweet Potato Peanut Bisque

Wednesday:
Scrambled eggs with Feta and Spinach

Thursday:  Individual chicken pot pies

Friday: Protein Packed Pizza muffins with Salad

**I like to figure the weekend out by the seat of my pants :)  really depends on what kind of mood we are in.

In addition, to these meals I plan on making the following with the kids to have some wholesome snacks on hand.
-our own version of cheese bread sticks, made with whole wheat flour.
-Banana and Peanut Butter Flaxseed Cookies

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds delish. I wish Kevin and I had the same palatte. He wouldnt eat any of those :-s

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love soups! I just made a great sweet potato and cauliflower soup today.

    ReplyDelete