In my last post, my good friend and fellow gym rat Laura, suggested a post full of photos of this 'journey' beginning to end. I went through the pictures I have posted on my blog and created a slideshow.
Here it is...I couldn't figure out how to post the slideshow directly into the post, and frankly I was too lazy. LOL.
My thoughts after seeing this:
1. I barely recognize the girl in the pictures in the beginning, it seems like a life time ago.
2. I am surprised by how 'long' it took for my body to catch up to how I felt inside. In a lot of the earlier pictures, all though I am still well over 200 pounds, I am kicking ass at the gym. I am doing things I never thought I could do at my size. I really felt like an athlete hiding in a fat girl's body. Goes to show you that size is not an excuse not to go DO IT.
3. No matter what size I am in these pictures the day to day picture is the same. Its me in the morning, in my workout clothes, the kids in tow, heading to the gym. Every day!
4. I never never never want to go back to binging on food, stuffing myself because I can't feed myself with what I am truly hungry for, and letting this beautiful life pass me by. I don't ever want to stop believing in myself and that I deserve better. I don't want Kayleigh to say "mom put the chocolate a way" again (she was 3 and yes she did say that and at the time it was very telling... she didn't know it but I did!).
5. I like that as you look through these pics you see an active girl...again no matter what size! That makes me smile.
6. I look pretty goofy in these :)