Thursday, August 18, 2011

Practice

Today I did something kind of cool, I got to practice being a personal trainer on a Personal Trainer at the gym!  I've talked about it before, but it bares mentioning again, the personal trainer's at my gym are incredibly approachable, friendly and HELPFUL.  The lady that helped me today has been like my personal cheerleader.  It all started about 60 pounds ago when she gave me the high five after seeing me run one day.  That little bit of encouragement that day left me flying for days.  Since then I have taken a nutrion seminar with her, she has leant me books, answered questions, and yes even let me practice on her. I am truly astonished by how much of her own time she has given to me.  I appreciate it more than I can say. So today, was really cool and also a little scary.  I learned A LOT from her in the hour we spent together, enough to make me a little nervous as to whether I am ready for this.  I left fired up and ready to learn more.  I think that's one of things that is most exciting about pursuing the personal training, that its going to be an on going education, with courses and seminars and life experience.

So let me leave you with this today, if your looking for someone to help you with your fitness goals, someone that has just the right touch of that 'Jillian' toughness (that I love), and yet is approachable and puts you at ease. Go see Amanda at the Barhaven Goodlife Fitness above Loblaws.  You won't be disappointed!

3 comments:

  1. I am sure Amanda rocks .. but honestly .. i would rather go to Katie Squires ... Just Sayin'! LOL

    You are gonna do great babe! :)

    R
    XOOX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie, thanks for putting a smile on my face. I'm glad you found Amanda, and I'm certain you're going to be somebody's Amanada someday. :)
    (I'm on the train right now, headed down to CanFitPro... Maybe I'll be inspired to be someone's Amanada after this weekend. :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. True. Looking forward to the second half of my evaluation with her. Keep truckin'

    ReplyDelete