Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Made a plan, stuck with it, going to make a dream come true


About 4.5 months ago, I got on the body fat scale and got quite the shock when I found out my body fat percent was 44% and that was after loosing 48 pounds and almost a year of working out 5 days a week.  I was in tears, wondering what on earth it was going to take to get 'healthy'.  Lucky, for me I met a very supportive and helpful personal trainer.  A woman that helped set the wheels in motion, not only for me to get in the best shape of my life but also to become a personal trainer myself.  Thank-you Sabrina!  A month later I was sitting in the Goodlife Personal training course, and have since passed the written exam and will fingers crossed pass the practical exam next week.  In the past 4.5 months I have been making some big changes to my fitness regime, mostly in the form of weight training and also in my nutrition.  I have taken what I have learned in the personal training course and have been applying it to myself.  So come on a tour if you will :)

The journey to loose 48 pounds, mostly cardio (running and spinning) and some diet changes.  

44% body fat, 210 pounds, can run 15km, can't do pushups from toes

I think the round green thing to the left is my boob LOL
In June I hit a huge milestone of getting under 200 pounds for the first time in 10 years.

OFFICIALLY from katie squires on Vimeo.


June 2011, under the 200 mark finally at 199lbs, doing push ups from toes (50% range of motion) 
August 16, 2011 184 pounds, 38% body fat (lost 6%), able to do full range of motion push ups from toes, longest distance 16km, STRONGER AND FITTER than I have ever been in MY WHOLE LIFE! 
The dreaded pouch is shrinking!  
On the way to my sisters wedding I had an amazing talk with my mom (ok not really a talk as it was mostly me blabbering and my mom supportively listening) about what I want to do with my personal training certification once its official.  I have a dream and that's to help other mom's like myself gain back the confidence to look in the mirror and feel pretty, to help them have the energy to chase after their children and juggle their busy lives, to have them make a personal dream come true (like running a half marathon, or dancing, or having the confidence to take an acting class...what ever it is).  I want to kick the self loathing that we all seem to lug around, and banish it to the curb!  I want to get mom's to come together and show their daughters what it is like to really be a WOMAN, strong, fit, sexy and confident.      I have some ideas, some of them a little whacky just like you would expect from me!  So stay tuned because I'm about to get our jiggly bits shaking!  

13 comments:

  1. The changes are amazing! You're so inspiring and I love your business idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I HAVE TEARS STREAMING DOWN MY FACE! WOW WOW WOW! I know how badly you have wanted and worked fro this dear friend! I AM SO SO PROUD OF YOU! XOOX

    YOU INSPIRE!
    R
    XOOX

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have tears of happiness for you - literally. Mom's all over will be lucky to have your support, knowledge and their very own personal cheerleader. Lucky Mom's ... I hope they jump on board.

    YA YOU!!!! I cant cheer loud enough for your success and the pride I feel for you when I read about it. So happy.

    - Mellisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I be the first to sign up? You my friend are beyond amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl, you ROCK! I can't tell you how inspiring this is. I love looking at your pictures. I can't wait to hear what you have in store. YOU GO GIRL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katie you would be the best personal trainer ever. You talk the talk and walk the walk. You inspire with humor and tell it like it is and never are afraid to say what you are thinking and are so honest and straight forward. I love the "jiggle bits" as there you go making it REAL. You go girl.....Love ya Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  7. pick me.. pick me... i have jiggly bits and you are most inspiring....good for you Katie.. you look beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  8. So Awesome. Thanks for sharing your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have I said this enough yet? You Rock! Keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am truly speechless and what you have accomplished Katie, I hear the song "amazing" playing when I read your blog about posts like this. Believe it or not, if I lived closer I would become one of your clients :) Keep doing what you are doing sweetie cause it is definitely WORKING!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sign me up! I need to juggle my jiggley bits into shape!

    Jenn Langlois

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW!!! This is soooo amazing. Seriously so amazing. :) GO YOU!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. missed this somehow....I have no doubt you will more than succeed in your "big plan" you will EXCEL!!!!!

    ReplyDelete