Thursday, March 31, 2011

New Spring in My Step

I purchased these babies yesterday after a run in the old ones that left my feet feeling broken.  At approximately 304 miles in the old ones, they were more than overdue for the shoe afterlife.  So I took my brand spanking new runners out for a run today and ran my farthest run to date: 12 KM !!!  I ran it in 1 hr and 27min.  The last 3km were tough, but I did it.  I have faith that if I keep it up I will be crossing that finish line at the half marathon in Sept!  I am feeling pretty proud of myself right now. 

On a side note I have a new little motivation for my runs, when I pick Kayleigh up from the gym daycare she plays the GUESS HOW FAR MOMMY RAN TODAY GAME.  Its always makes me smile :) Yesterday she guessed 20 and I said no, but SOON!

4 comments:

  1. YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    'nuff said,
    Renee :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some snazzy sneakers ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. holy mother runner!!!

    ha ha
    that should be your new nickname - motherrunner (instead of motherducker of course)...

    ReplyDelete