Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Monkey on my back

Image source

The damn monkey is riding my back, well monkey bread that is, and more accurately its riding my hips.  The girls and I baked some monkey bread on Monday and my goodness it is good!  Ooohey gooey good, and you think just one little ball is an ok treat.  But its so good that before you know it your husband is asking where all the monkey bread went?  The kids love baking and I love doing it with them, and in the last month we have made our fair share of cookies, muffins, and breads.  I have also done my fair share of polishing them off.  Honestly, I don't think a little bit of oohey gooey goodness is a bad thing and normally I don't go over board.  But...BUT this week has not started off well.  For some reason I am having a really hard time with wanting to eat when I am not hungry.  I find myself making my fairly daily trip to Strarbucks for a coffee (just a coffee with milk, nothing fancy) and really really wanting to get a Birthday Cake Pop.  I want that cake pop A) even though I am not hungry and B) even though I have just eaten some damn monkey bread.  I actually had a talk with myself while waiting in the drive through line.  It went something like this: "Katie, this is where you were a year ago, making daily trips to Starbucks for a 'treat', a sugary fattening treat when you were not hungry, a treat that would then set you up to binge the rest of the day, you do not want to go back there!"  I got my coffee and went home.  Fast forward to last night and I am eating a bunch of jelly beans and diet coke. I swear buying that case of diet coke was the first step down the hill.   So in an effort to get myself back on track, I put on The Biggest Looser for a Reality Check and started to do some pushups and situps.  I swung all over the map yesterday, I went to bed with a book and some PB and Jam Toast on WHITE BREAD!  I need to get a handle on what's going on in my head. Days like that really rattle me, and make me think the old days are not that far gone.  Then again, I got up this morning headed to the gym and banged out 10km.  So I will hang on to that, keep moving and pray for God's help in sorting out what's in my head.

1 comment:

  1. That looks sooo good right now. I'm cursing you for posting a picture ;)

    If you ever decide you want more info on the program we're following, let me know!

    ReplyDelete