Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Roller Coaster Ride and Dress Maker's Suck

The last 4 days have been a roller coaster ride of emotion for me. I got sick Saturday afternoon and went downhill fast. I spent that night throwing up. Sunday I spent the majority of the day in bed, and even missed the Santa Claus Parade :( Monday I was feeling better but not 100%. It was I could handle to get the girls to and from school and tidy a bit. Tuesday I was back to normal, but Kasey was sick with a cold, and with my having been sick, and Kayleigh sick last week another day stuck inside was hard. All 3 of us were crawling the walls and I was very very short tempered. Ryan came home last night and I ran out the door to the gym. I did an hour pump class in a really hot room (the circulation was broken), although it felt good to work out again I felt weak. After the gym, I had a little showdown with Kayleigh at bed time that led me to yell and then later melt down in Ryan's arms. I went to bed last night feeling spent, physically and mentally. I slept all night long and so did the kids (that is very rare). This morning I woke up with a renewed energy and faith in my being patient with the kids. I took Kayleigh to the gym with me this morning and she didn't want to go. I explained why Mommy I had to (to be healthy and sane), and told her after I would do something of her choosing with her. She went APE SHIT when I tried to leave her. I knew that I had to break clean and get out the door. I told the ladies to get me in 10 min if she was still upset. I bee lined it to the treadmill. I didn't get water. I didn't even get my ipod out. For all I knew I had 10 min, and I really needed those 10 min. I got on, didn't warm up just started running, and running fast. At 10 min I paused and snuck back to the kids room and she was happily playing as if nothing ever happened. I got back on the treadmill with water and music and did speed intervals for 20 min. It was amazing. I felt so fast. I felt so good. I felt like I was sweating out all my frustrations, and negativity. This afternoon I went dress shopping with Kasey to find something for Ryan's gala. I tried on a size 14 dress for shits and giggles and holy BAT MAN it fit! It really fit! It wasn't even tight. But it also didn't look good on me LOL ! Go Figure. I did find THE DRESS though and I love it and I think it looks great on me and its a 1x. I tired some dresses on at Sears last week and I had to wear a size 20! HELLO PEOPLE WHO MAKE DRESSES...can you please standardize your sizes because you messing with our minds! So that being said I will take the size 14 dress that fit as a victory even though it looked like heck on me and go find some new dress shoes.

2 comments:

  1. size 14?????? thats freakin' AWESOME. I woulda bought it anyways, brought it home, tried it on for Ryan, then returned it. lol you must have been completely stoked. size 12 is my goal size ... thats what I was when I met Kevin ... but I am a looooong ways (weighs?) off. Smilin' for ya. Keep up the hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Katie!! A size 14....that's amazing!!! I'm so happy for you. I totally agree with Mellisa..I would have bought it anyway. (I may even have worn it out and left the tag on to show the world...but that's just me!)

    ReplyDelete