Friday, November 19, 2010

challenges



Its been one of those weeks. Kind of funny that I have had one of those weeks right after saying I was ready to bring on my A Game and take it to the next level.....I did say that right?

Kayleigh my 4 year old has been very sick this week and because of that going to the gym during the day has not been an option for us. This week has really brought 'home' how lucky I am to be able to work out at the gym during the day. Finding the energy and WANT to workout in the evening is a challenge for me. Hence, I have taken to days off this week already and I rarely take 2 days off and its only Friday. Today is another no gym day, but I am going to force myself to workout in my basement this morning. Level 3 shred plus 10 min of another DVD. Have to do what I have to do even if I don't like it.
The other challenge that has come about from not being at the gym each morning is the lack of endorphin rush. I am not sure if I have talked about this here but about a month ago I went OFF of Prozac! First time since high school that I have not been on prozac or paxil for anxiety. So let me tell you I have felt the lack of endorphins this week and have been climbing the walls a wee bit.
Climbing the walls indeed! Stuck in the living room almost all day with a sick child and trying not to eat every muffin and carb in sight to cope with the boredom was hard!

Yesterday night I decied to give myself a break, I will leave you with my Facebook status last night :)

"Drinking wine with dinner, going to HIDE the Jillian Shred DVD so she can't find me....maybe the freezer will take out velvet cheesecake to make room"

it was sooooo good :)

PS. Check this out....play along.

2 comments:

  1. How liberated I hope you feel knowing the accomplishment of letting go of something you have depended on for almost half your life. I am very proud of you. You are nurtuting your complete health - body, mind and soul. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found you through the Brave Girl's Club! It is hard to keep trying anyway sometimes, especially when there are obstacles that pop up in the way! You are doing awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete