Saturday, November 6, 2010

10 min what will you do today

I laced up my running shoes this morning and headed out into a cold frost covered morning. I expected the worse, having not run outdoors in a long while, and it being so cold. I was totally surprised to find myself having a great run, I felt strong and fit, and may I even dare say light on my feet. I ran in the beautiful outdoors here in Norland, I actually had the goosebumps as I took in the fall colors, and the light glistening on the lake. While I ran I thought of something that my spin instructor said yesterday. She said with each pedal stroke we were getting stronger, so while I ran I thought to myself I am getting stronger with each step.

Today I ran 5km for me. I ran 5km for my children, my husband, and my loved ones.

5.5 months ago I ran for the first time in 10 years. I ran for 10 min.

What will you do for yourself today with 10 min?

3 comments:

  1. Awesome Katie! Keep it up. You keep surpassing all of your goals and along the way you are inspiring others. WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its so great how far you have come. Guess what I discovered? LANE SWIMMING. Never in my wildest dreams did I think that I would love that more than aquafit. I get my membership at Carleton tomorrow but have already gone a couple of times when I wasnt using the last on my City of Ottawa membership at Walter Baker to do laps. I did 22 round trip laps/44 laps in each direction on Thursday. Slow pace but I didn't stop once. Next on the agenda ... cross country skiis and to measure myself. Yay us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, don't you love it when you surprise yourself like that?! WTG, Katie! :)

    ReplyDelete