Saturday, October 9, 2010

Turkey Run

Ryan and I did our first 10km together yesterday morning :) On the country highway, in Norland, oh the hills were tough :) I am feeling those hills today, oh yes I am. It was a great run, we went slow (likely a little slow for Ryan) and were able to run the whole 10km. Its a hilly road, and we had to run on gravel most of the way which is a very different running surface, add in the cold air which makes me wheeze and we still had a good run. Far from easy but good.

Many points during our run I would think of how cool it was that we were doing this together. I can't tell you how happy that made me. Then there are the Autumn colors in full splendor and the view of the lake. We are in cottage country here and it is beautiful. Running here is so much better than running on a treadmill staring at the display, no matter how hilly it is.

So today is turkey day, and I indulged quite a bit already this weekend. I am feeling the need to go for a run today, but my body is sore and creeky. Maybe a slow easy short run, and taking it easy on the Turkey Dinner is in order. I really did use up my indulgence card already (OOOPS). Despite my indulgence, my mind is in a good place. I enjoyed the food yesterday and even more I enjoyed the company it was eaten in. I had an awesome day with my family yesterday.

Happy Turkey Day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment