Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The Mug Shot Udpate


Updating the MUG SHOT with my 2 workout outfits today. Yep working out twice since I missed Monday (had a beer instead LOL). I ran 5km this morning on the treadmill at a 1% incline (Tip from Bob Harper on running on a treadmill to make the most of it). Tonight I am doing a pump class with my hubby :) I try to do the PUMP class twice a week, and believe that it has made a major difference in my overall figure, and mostly my arms.

A couple big things to share.

I ran 8km on the weekend on very hilly trails and very hungover :) WOOT WOOT to that :)
Today I registered for a 10km at the end of October :)

Pssssst. I have a dream of running a marathon next year. Its been on my wish list since University but had taken a break or rather a "YEAH RIGHT LIKE THAT WILL EVER HAPPEN"...only now I kind of believe that anything is possible. I mean who would have ever thought that a 200 pound plus plus girl could run 8km. (even if very slow :).

I am amazing myself....and its not only the physical accomplishments its the mental. In the past when I have focused on getting fit I have been so concerned with the scale. Hell I threw that in the garbage this time around. The old me would have been dieting too and playing loads of mind games when it came to food. Not dieting and all though I am eating A LOT healthier I am still enjoying all the things I love. Like BEN AND JERRY's last night and pizza for lunch today. There are no GOOD and BAD days this time around. No guilt. No binging.

I feel free. I feel like maybe its finally clicked. How to be healthy and LIVE...not hide behind food and my weight.

May I have a UHHH YEAH!!!

3 comments:

  1. YAY Katie! I'm sooooooo happy for and proud of you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah! Love it! Keep it up darlin!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie, you are amazing!! So proud of you keep it up girl! And your so giving me inspiration i need!!

    ReplyDelete