Tuesday, July 20, 2010

I won! Today I won!

I won today. Not because I ran 3.1 miles in 38 min. Not because I then jogged and walked my way to 4 miles. Not because I ran that without music and just the beat of my own heart (my ipod frizzed). I WON TODAY because after accomplishing all of that and feeling so GOOD about myself I did NOT get on the scale. What possessed me to walk to the change room and stand before the stupid scale is beyond me...but I decided not to get on it. I chose not to let my accomplishments today be about weight. I chose today to celebrate the real win, the stuff that really matters.

Icing on the cake? While I was stretching one of the trainers came up to me and said she saw me running and thought I did really well. I told her I was pretty proud of this 200 pound plus plus body doing that. SHE HIGH FIVED ME!! I was on top of the world.

1 comment:

  1. you won...
    what a powerful moment that must have been ...
    you're amazing and inspiring katie.
    keep it up!

    ReplyDelete