Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Mirror Mirror on the wall...

Mirror Mirror On the Wall...who is that fat girl staring back at me. When I catch my refelction of late I am surprised. The girl staring back at me doesn't match how I feel inside. Its been one month since I have joined the gym and I feel fit and strong. I am able to do things I never thought I could do at this weight. So it is a surprise to see the fat girl when I look at my reflection. Add to that the scale. Its been one month and I have lost 9 pounds. I am fairly certain I have gained muscle, my arms are much more toned and so are my legs. I think even my EVIL pouch is smaller. I just wish that the "RESULTS" would catch up to how I feel, because the lack of tangible results sometimes makes me feel frustrated. But for now I will focus on what I can do and how I REALLY feel.

Like today, I had to do a quick workout. So I made sure to make it count with intervals. I started with 5 min biking to warm up. Then 20 min on the treadmill. 10 of which I did 30sec at 3pmh, and 1min at 6mph intervals. The next 10 I did hill intervals where I did 30 sec at 3mph, and 1min at 5pmh, upping the incline by one each set till I got to 5 and then jogged out the rest at 5pmh. Then I did intervals on the Elliptical for 10 min, upping the resistance till I reached 10. It was a sweat producer I tell you :) and it felt great!

That is the feeling I have to hold onto when I look in the mirror :)

No comments:

Post a Comment