Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Here we go...

Well, it has taken us a while to get here, but now we have a reason. It's time for our rebirth. Time to start again. Time to motivate each other like we've never done before.

This will only happen with baby steps, with sticking to it, with picking ourselves up and dusting ourselves off.

Our goals for Week 1 & 2

Beginner

Weeks 1 & 2:

Food Switch: Replace soda with water, unsweetened iced tea, or fat-free milk. Diet soda is okay, but limit the amount, as it may encourage cravings for sweet foods.

Cardio: Fifteen minutes of activity such as walking or riding a stationary bike five times a week. You should be working hard enough so that you can talk, but not for very long.

Strength: None. Starting a strength-training program can stimulate hunger. That's why I recommend waiting until you get a few healthy diet changes under your belt.

Traps to Avoid: Don't be tempted by a shortcut (a fat-burning pill, a fad diet). It may work for a while, but to lose weight permanently you need to move more, eat less, and figure out the emotional reasons you turn to food.

Yesterday I got a BIG FAIL on the exercise, but I made up for it today with 30 minutes on the treadmill - 1.33 miles!!!

I'm super happy to report no pop in two days now and so far I don't even miss it...

Our fridge has been broken and that definitely hasn't helped the journey to eat well, but now all is fixed and NO MORE EXCUSES.

Tomorrow is going to be a great day with healthy choices and GOOD WORKOUTS!

1 comment:

  1. I didn't even know that you had posted...I hadn't even opened the link till today...when we said we would start what was it 2 monday's ago? I was so not ready..I wanted to be...goes to show you that you really do have to be ready :)

    ReplyDelete